Monday, December 22, 2008

A little inspiration

I get my ideas from more unusual places. One drawing i did came from the pattern on the tile in a bathroom, another from a crossword puzzle.I'd say all the pictures are unique in their own right. Block work or cubism is i found technical and complicated to plan out, mostly because once you get the idea on paper it ends up transforming itself while your painting it. Recently i was going through a local Denver art guide and came across a few interesting sections that i found helpful in my "quest" to becoming a known artist. One of the sections described art styles. Finally i figured out what my style is called, which is a mixture of abstract and modernism. I wonder if i can call it "modern-abstract-ism?!" Another section i liked was an "art locator index" it listed numerous galleries all over Colorado, with a description of what they look for and like to display. I've found a few that sound like my style of art and have started looking at their websites to see if and how an unknown emerging artist can get their stuff displayed for the public to see!!! It's exciting and hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment